As we close out 2018, we’re sending out a huge thank you to all of our volunteers and donors. None of what we do to support Hampden Elementary/Middle School teachers and students is possible without you. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Here’s a quick look at what we’ve accomplished together this year.
Special initiatives funded by Friends of Hampden in 2018:
- Grants for teachers for classroom projects, including creative end-of-year advanced learning projects; two force probes and a voltage sensor for Middle School Physical Science units; portable sensory wiggle cushions, dry erase paddles, and sight word journals; P.E. equipment such as free weights and stretch bands; classroom reading nook with book bins for students; and Scholastic DynaMath subscription.
- Piano procurement and tuning for the Chorus
- Young Audiences music residency
- Teacher Appreciation breakfast
- Spring clean-up, plantings, and outdoor beautification
- FutureMakers pop-up STEM lab (spring 2018 visit)
Looking Ahead to 2019:
FOH plans to expand its grant offerings to HEMS teachers, bring back the Young Audiences music residency, and continue to support additional music programming such as the Baltimore Opera Workshop. The organization also will continue to apply for grants and seek donations to replace the playground, and to cultivate corporate and community relationships that support continued improvements to our neighborhood school.
To accomplish these goals, your continued support is crucial. Become a sustaining monthly donor, or make a one-time donation today.